- 2 oz. Black Sesame Infused Rum
- a couple pieces of orange.
- couple of dashes Angostura Bitters.
- 1/2 oz. of Agave Syrup.
- Add the orange slices to Old Fashioned Glass.
- Add the dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Add the 1/2 oz. of Agave Syrup.
- Add the 2 oz. of Black Sesame Infused Rum.
- Add ice and stir.
- Pour 750 ml of white rum in this case Flora De Cana over 10 grams of Black Sesame seeds after you have crushed them with a mortar and a pestle. Allow to steep for three days at rooms temperature.
- Add to your rum, don’t blame me for your hangover.
Now for that Agave Syrup: Just like any other syrup equal parts: I.E. 1/2 cup of HOT water is 1/2 cup of Agave. Do remember you want HOT water almost boiling. Now of course the taste of syrup (meaning the hint of Agave is personal), so you may want more Agave added than equal parts.
Again you may thank Julia Momose of The Willow in Baltimore, MD for this delicious cocktail.