- 1 1/2 oz. of Pikesville Rye.
- 1/2 oz. of Pimento Dram.
- 1/2 oz. of Ginger Simple Syrup.
- Dash of Cardamom Bitters.
- 1 oz. of Hard Apple Cider.
- 1 oz. of Soda Water.
- Add ingredients in order as listed in Old Fashioned Glass.
- Add ice. Garnish with orange peel, after twisting it to release the oils in the cocktail.
Side Note: To make the Ginger Simple Syrup, 1 cup of hot (almost boiling) water to 1 cup of sugar.
To add flavor simply add desired spice, extract juice etc. in small portions until it reaches desired flavor.
This great cocktail was created by Ian Clark of Fork & Wrench. Don’t let his laid back demeanor fool you. Ian makes some great cocktails and will talk to you plenty about cocktails. His background in photography, he uses for a little artistic flair in some of his cocktails.