- .75 oz. of Vodka.
- .75 oz. of Tequila.
- .75 oz. of Mezcal.
- .5 oz. of Yellow Chartreuse.
- Basil leaves.
- 2 slices of Lime.
- Add ice to Coupe Glass and set aside to chill.
- Add two or three leaves of Basil to shaker.
- Add the .75 oz. of Vodka.
- The .75 oz. of Tequila.
- The .5 oz. of Chartreuse.
- The 1 oz. of Mezcal.
- Add the Limes.
- Then muddle to get all of the flavor out of the Basil.
- To add some sweetness add a teaspoon of honey.
- Shake first without ice. To prevent the honey from freezing.
- Then add ice and shake.
- Empty ice from glass and pour cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with some Basil.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will like their Scotch selection.
“The Shaman” even though there is many blends of alcohol in this cocktail, the alcohol is not overpowering. The blends of lime and basil muddled with the honey soften the taste of the alcohol. The cocktail has earthy and herbal flavors. It is a perfect cocktail for tequila lovers.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Unfortunately for us she is taking a hiatus from her bartending career. Maya is volunteering her time in the Fiji Islands to teach children. We wish her well!