- 2.5 oz. Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum.
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Orange Slice.
- Raw Sugar.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass, add the Raw Sugar, Orange Slice and Cherry.
- Muddle the above ingredients.
- Add the 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters and muddle again.
- Add the 2.5 oz. of Papa’s Milar Dark Rum and muddle.
- Take Orange slice out and pour into another Old Fashioned Glass filled with ice.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will enjoy their Scotch selection.
This Signature Cocktail would make Ernest Hemingway proud, considering the the Rum used was made in his honor. The taste of the rum with its hints of Bourbon, Cinnamon and Almonds blending with the muddled Orange Slice, Sugar, Cherry and bitters, gives this cocktail a smooth and mildly sweet taste. It is a dangerous cocktail, it is easily consumed.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Fortunately we have gotten her back from her hiatus in Fiji. So look for more of her videos.