- 2.5 oz. of Maker’s Mark or any Bourbon of your choice.
- .3 oz. of Mint Infused Simple Syrup.
- .75 of cup of sugar.
- 2 cups of freshly chopped mint.
- First make Mint Infused Simple Syrup.
- Take the mint and lay it out on a cutting board, pour the sugar over it.
- Using a dough roller, crush the sugar and mint together.
- Now prepare for making a simple syrup. Equal parts of water to sugar. Then add your mint, to your taste.
- Add crushed ice to a Highball Glass, pour add the Mint Infused Simple Syrup and then the Bourbon.
- Garnish with Mint Leaves.
This cocktail was made at Tark’s Grill, which is located in an area affectionately referred to as the “The Station”. So if you are from out of town, it is Greenspring Station. Tark’s is a favorite of many in the Lutherville area. On warm days and nights you can eat outside in the courtyard surrounded by flowers, bushes and a water fountain. What better way to woo your girl, than to be eating outside with that environment. Inside there are three parts to the restaurant, the formal seating area, the bar with it’s own eating area and a private eating area. Tark’s Grill is modeled on the traditional American Bistro with an emphasis on succulent aged steaks and local seafood favorites.
Wil Shriver our bartender in this video has been in the industry for seven years. Despite having to make a cocktail today that is not a true Signature Cocktail. Will does enjoy creating his own cocktails, and has a good ear to figure out what a customer wants, if they have something in mind.
“Mint Julep” a cocktail known for it’s association with Triple Crown. It is also a great summer cocktail, that is very refreshing especially, if you live in Baltimore with its very humid evenings. The mint flavor with the smoky flavor of the bourbon and the mild sweet taste of the Mint Infused Simple Syrup.