- 1.5 oz. of Blackwell Jamaican Rum.
- .75 oz. of House made Cordial (Verde’s version Fernet)
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Using a shaker add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into Rocks Glass.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with Lime peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend to be toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is a casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This is Verde’s version of “Corn & Oil” it is a lighter version, by substituting Dark Rum for Black Strap Rum and adding a small amount of Lime Juice. This Signature Cocktail is a boozy, yet balanced, spicy and complex cocktail. Plus, one of those cocktails that can sneak up on you.