- 1.5 oz. of Bluecoat Gin.
- 2 Fresh Blackberries.
- 2 Fresh slices of Jalapenos.
- Dash of Simple Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- .75 oz. of Pimm’s Liqueur.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass, add the Bluecoat Gin, Blackberries, Jalapenos & Simple Syrup.
- Then muddle the ingredients.
- Then add some ice.
- Add the Lemon Juice and Pimm’s Liqueur.
- Stir with Barspoon.
Our bartender in this video is Jessica Dupree of Bar Liquorice. Jessica is the bar manager at Bar Liquorice and you will be seeing more of her. Jessica’s knowledge behind the bar should put any customer at ease when they are seeking any style of beverage. She understands the nuances of blending alcohol, which should please any customer that walks through the door of Bar Liquorice.
This Signature Cocktail is sweet on the front and spicy in the back. The lemon juice gives it a slightly tart flavor under the sweet and spicy flavor. The Pimm’s Liqueur pulls everything together to give it a full bodied drink. The botanicals in the Bluecoat Gin are subtle and smooth.
- .75 oz. Agave Syrup.
- .75 oz. Averna Amaro.
- 1.5 oz. Papas Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum.
- 2 dashes of Regan’s Orange Bitters.
- Add ingredients listed in order listed.
- Stir and strain into a tumbler with ice sphere (optional) regular ice is fine.
- Garnish with Orange Peel.
“Flight of Icarus” from Ouzo Bay which is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course. This has Signature Cocktail has flavor notes of Vanilla, Butterscotch, Toffee, Caramel, and Dark Chocolate. with the blends of Papa’s Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum, which has notes of vanilla, cinnamon, dark Italian roast coffee and honey, with hints of sherry and port.
The Regan’s Orange Bitters bring in the aroma of fresh orange peel twisted right over the drink.
The sweetness of Agave combined with the Averna Amaro liqueurs smooth rich flavors of vanilla, apricot and dark chocolate.
All of these flavors combined form a very well rounded complex flavorful drink. “Flight of Icarus” is well worth the trip to Ouzo Bay.
- Chartreuse Rinse.
- 1 Oz. of Barr Hill Gin.
- 1 Oz. of Dancing Pines Chai Liqueur..
- 1 Oz. of St. Germain.
- Pour a small amount of Chartreuse into Old Fashioned Glass and swirl around the glass and throw out.
- Add ice to a shaker and add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Give the ingredients a couple of shakes.
- Strain into Old Fashioned Glass.
- Garnish with Orange Rind.
Bluegrass Tavern is a classic neighborhood restaurant in South Baltimore featuring a contemporary American menu and an eclectic wine list and cocktails. From the moment you step through the front door, the woods, rich greens and floor to ceiling windows creates a soothing yet airy feeling. Both floors feature a bar and a dining room.
This cocktail has many different herbs in the mix here, yet they somehow all pull it together to make delicious cocktail. The Barr Hill gin is able to make the herbs less subtle, while the herbs blend together, so that one does not overpower the other.
Our creator of this Signature Cocktail is Stephen. Stephen has been bartending for seven years and has been at Bluegrass Tavern for three years. Bluegrass Tavern was selected as the Best South Baltimore Restaurant in 2015.