- 1.75 oz. of Sagamore Rye.
- .5 oz. of Tamarind Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- .75 oz. of Cilantro Ginger Shrub.
- Top with fever tree club soda.
- Add the ingredients listed above except for the club soda to a shaker.
- Shake and strain into a Collins Glass.
- Top with Club Soda.
- Garnish with with Lemon peel and fresh Cilantro.
- De-shell a dozen Tamarindo bean pods. Simmer in 4 cups of water for 45 minutes or until Tamarindo dissolves completely into water.
- Strain liquid through a chinois and coffee filter.
- Add 4 cups of sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Cilantro Ginger Shrub:
- Peel fresh Ginger (about 2 cups worth) and mince in a blender.
- Take ginger and finely chopped stalk of Cilantro and add it to 4 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar in a sealed non reactive container.
- Allow to rest in cool place for 3 days.
- Strain Ginger and Cilantro.
- Add 4 cups of sugar, stir until it dissolves.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William. This year William won “Judge’s Choice at the 2015 Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis”.
This Signature Cocktail is a refreshing glorified whiskey highball. Perfect for your summer cookouts. If you live in horse country like I do, perfect for the horse races.