- 1/2 oz of Demerara Syrup.
- 2 oz of Sazerac Rye.
- 3 dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters.
- Flamed Absinthe rinse.
- Lemon Peel Garnish.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Starting with a misto bottle spray the Old Fashioned Glass with Absinthe fire.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a mixing glass in order listed above.
- Stir properly and double strain into rinsed Old Fashioned Glass.
- Garnish with Lemon Peel.
Preparation of Demerara Syrup:
- 2 to 1 ratio of Demerara granulated sugar by volume with water by volume.
- Bring to simmer (not boil) in a pot until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool and it is ready to use.
Will Escalante has been a regular of ours for years now. If you want a great cocktail, I strongly suggest you stop by The Bygone and ask for Will, he has never failed us. The Bygone is located in the The Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Baltimore, MD. It prides itself on fine cuisine and craft cocktails as well as its one of kind view of the Baltimore harbor.
- 1.75 oz. of Sagamore Rye.
- .5 oz. of Tamarind Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- .75 oz. of Cilantro Ginger Shrub.
- Top with fever tree club soda.
- Add the ingredients listed above except for the club soda to a shaker.
- Shake and strain into a Collins Glass.
- Top with Club Soda.
- Garnish with with Lemon peel and fresh Cilantro.
- De-shell a dozen Tamarindo bean pods. Simmer in 4 cups of water for 45 minutes or until Tamarindo dissolves completely into water.
- Strain liquid through a chinois and coffee filter.
- Add 4 cups of sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Cilantro Ginger Shrub:
- Peel fresh Ginger (about 2 cups worth) and mince in a blender.
- Take ginger and finely chopped stalk of Cilantro and add it to 4 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar in a sealed non reactive container.
- Allow to rest in cool place for 3 days.
- Strain Ginger and Cilantro.
- Add 4 cups of sugar, stir until it dissolves.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William. This year William won “Judge’s Choice at the 2015 Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis”.
This Signature Cocktail is a refreshing glorified whiskey highball. Perfect for your summer cookouts. If you live in horse country like I do, perfect for the horse races.
- 1.25 oz. Old Grand Dad 80.
- .75 oz. Patrón Citrónge.
- 1.5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- Add ice to mixing glass or shaker.
- Add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Using a bar spoon stir.
- Strain into an Old Fashioned Glass.
Bar Liquorice, well what do I write that has already not been written. This place is a corner bar in Federal Hill, that does not feel like your corner bar. Everything about it is well done and the detail put into everything from the ambiance, cocktails and food lets you know every dollar spent is well spent. Shaun who serves the cocktails, also creates the cocktails and many of the ingredients used for his cocktails. Jeff Cahill the owner and chef takes great pride in the service, ambiance and food served. There is not one detail that is missed.
The Sidecar is an old school classic Cognac cocktail. This version has an American twist to it, with the bourbon, which makes the cocktail easier on the palate
- 2 oz. Barr Hill Gin.
- .5 oz. of Suze.
- .5 oz. of Arugula Honey Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 1 whole Egg White.
- Angostura Bitters
- Combine all ingredients except bitters into a shaker. Shake contents.
- Add ice to shaker and shake again.
- Strain into a Coup Glass.
- Garnish with Angostura Bitters.
This cocktail is from one of the new hot spots in Baltimore for craft cocktails. Ware House 518 is a contemporary American restaurant in the heart of historic Mt. Vernon. The Louie Bar is craft cocktail destination within Ware House 518 that offers an elevated tippling experience Friday and Saturday from 9:00 pm until 2:00 am.
In this video we have Aden as our bartender, this his first time working with us. He is new to the craft cocktail side of the industry. This craft cocktail is a gin forward cocktail with herbal notes and a full texture created by the egg whites. This is a relatively simple cocktail to make and a pleasing to cocktail to the palate.
- 1 oz. Orangerie (Infused Scotch with Orange Peel, Cassih and Clove)
- 1 oz. of Brovo “Jammy” Vermouth
- .5 oz. Brandied Cherry Juice.
- 3 drops of Black Walnut Bitters.
- Orange Wedge.
- Add ice to Coupe Glass to chill and set aside.
- Add ingredients to shaker in order listed above.
- Squeeze a fresh Orange into mix.
- Add ice and stir for 12 seconds.
- Empty ice from glass.
- Garnish with Orange wedge.
This Signature Cocktail is created by Ian Clark of Fork and Wrench in Baltimore, MD. Ian has had several cocktails on our site. So be sure to look those up as well. Ian is very creative behind the bar, very knowledgeable about alcohol and his love of photography is demonstrated in how visually appealing his cocktails are.
This Signature Cocktail from Fork & Wrench is well balanced. It combines the subtle flavors of the orange infused scotch, cloves, cherry and the woodsy flavor of the walnut bitters. This cocktail is complex to the taste and yet it is very smooth with no lingering aftertaste.
- .75 oz. Agave Syrup.
- .75 oz. Averna Amaro.
- 1.5 oz. Papas Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum.
- 2 dashes of Regan’s Orange Bitters.
- Add ingredients listed in order listed.
- Stir and strain into a tumbler with ice sphere (optional) regular ice is fine.
- Garnish with Orange Peel.
“Flight of Icarus” from Ouzo Bay which is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course. This has Signature Cocktail has flavor notes of Vanilla, Butterscotch, Toffee, Caramel, and Dark Chocolate. with the blends of Papa’s Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum, which has notes of vanilla, cinnamon, dark Italian roast coffee and honey, with hints of sherry and port.
The Regan’s Orange Bitters bring in the aroma of fresh orange peel twisted right over the drink.
The sweetness of Agave combined with the Averna Amaro liqueurs smooth rich flavors of vanilla, apricot and dark chocolate.
All of these flavors combined form a very well rounded complex flavorful drink. “Flight of Icarus” is well worth the trip to Ouzo Bay.
- 1.5 oz. Ballast Point Barrel Rested Gin.
- . 75 oz. Jack Rudy Elder Flower Tonic.
- .75 oz. Apple Cider.
- .75 oz. Bella Bellina Lemonata Moscato.
- 2-3 Sage Leaves.
- Using a shaker with ice add the all of the ingredients except the Bella Bellini Lemonata Moscato.
- Then add 2 Sage leaves to the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients.
- Pour into Collins glass.
- Garnish with a Sage leaf and Lemon twist.
Birroteca is a pretty cool restaurant located in Clipper Mill. It has a unique location, an old industrial area of Baltimore called Clipper Mill. Birroteca is known for its Artisan Pizza and Italian Cuisine, it is worth the visit.
This Signature Cocktail is not a cocktail that is a true seasonal cocktail from the standpoint that you would enjoy it anytime of the year. Nick has once again worked his magic of perfect blends herbs and alcohol. This Signature Cocktail has a nice balance of herbaceous gin and sage, with floral notes from the tonic and refreshing citrus.
Nick who is in the video, uses the same creativity in his cocktails that he uses in ceramic arts. Nick has been in several videos already, so be sure try those as well. Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.