- 1.5 oz. Ultra Smooth Diplomatico Rum.
- 1 oz. In house made simple syrup (Gran Marnier, orange, vanilla, & cinnamon).
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 1 oz. of Egg Whites.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Then add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with a fresh Lemon Twist.
Mezze is located in Fells Point. It is known for serving traditional Greek inspired Mediterranean Tapas. Mezze has developed quite a craft cocktail menu.
This cocktail is a Daiquiri based classic cocktail, very smooth flavors. In house simple syrup with Gran Marnie, orange peel, vanilla, & cinnamon, blended with the smooth Diplomatico Rum. This is an anytime cocktail.
- 1.25 oz. El Dorado 12 year old Rum.
- .75 oz. Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- .25 oz. of San Marzano Liqueur.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 3 Dashes of Orange Bitters.
- Add the ingredients to a shaker with ice in the order listed above.
- Shake ingredients vigorously.
- Double strain into a Martini Glass.
- Garnish with foam and grated nutmeg.
How to make the foam:
- Take the spring from a Hawthorne strainer, place it in a shaker.
- Add .5 oz. of egg whites. 1 large egg is 1 oz. (2 tablespoons). So you can either take out 1 tablespoon or buy a cartoon of egg whites.
- Add .75 oz. of Evolution Brewing Jacques All Lantern.
- .25 oz. of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- Shake really vigorously.
- Float over bar spoon.
- Garnish the foam with freshly grated nutmeg.
Birroteca is a pretty cool restaurant located in Clipper Mill. It has a unique location, an old industrial area of Baltimore called Clipper Mill. Birroteca is known for its Artisan Pizza and Italian Cuisine, it is worth the visit.
Nick who is in the video, uses the same creativity in his cocktails that he uses in ceramic arts. Nick has been in several videos already, so be sure try those as well. Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.
This Signature Cocktail is a perfect cocktail for the fall and Halloween Parties. The cocktail has a nice balance of bitterness and spice.
- 2 oz. of Papa’s Pilar Blonde.
- .75 oz. of Orgeat Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- .75 oz. of Passion Fruit Purée.
- .5 oz. Orange Juice.
- .5 oz. Pineapple Juice.
- Pineapple Wedge and edible Orchid Garnish.
- Place all ingredients in shaker.
- Shake and strain into Collins Glass.
- Garnish with edible Orchid and Pineapple Wedge.
How to make Orgeat Syrup:
- 250 grams of Toasted Almonds slices.
- 4 cups of water.
- 4 cups of sugar.
- 1 oz. of Orange Flower Water.
- 2 oz. of Cognac.
- 2 oz. of Amaretto Disaronno.
Orgeat Syrup Preparation:
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the Almonds and lower water temperature to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Strain Almonds and add sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the Orange Flower Water, Cognac and Amaretto.
- Stir and allow to cool.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William. This year William won Best Cocktail with this cocktail at Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis.