- 1.5 oz. of Blackwell Jamaican Rum.
- .75 oz. of House made Cordial (Verde’s version Fernet)
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Using a shaker add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into Rocks Glass.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with Lime peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend to be toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is a casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This is Verde’s version of “Corn & Oil” it is a lighter version, by substituting Dark Rum for Black Strap Rum and adding a small amount of Lime Juice. This Signature Cocktail is a boozy, yet balanced, spicy and complex cocktail. Plus, one of those cocktails that can sneak up on you.
- 2.5 oz. Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum.
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Orange Slice.
- Raw Sugar.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass, add the Raw Sugar, Orange Slice and Cherry.
- Muddle the above ingredients.
- Add the 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters and muddle again.
- Add the 2.5 oz. of Papa’s Milar Dark Rum and muddle.
- Take Orange slice out and pour into another Old Fashioned Glass filled with ice.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will enjoy their Scotch selection.
This Signature Cocktail would make Ernest Hemingway proud, considering the the Rum used was made in his honor. The taste of the rum with its hints of Bourbon, Cinnamon and Almonds blending with the muddled Orange Slice, Sugar, Cherry and bitters, gives this cocktail a smooth and mildly sweet taste. It is a dangerous cocktail, it is easily consumed.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Fortunately we have gotten her back from her hiatus in Fiji. So look for more of her videos.
- .75 oz. Mint Infused Demerara Syrup.
- .75 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 1.5 oz. Apple Cider.
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- 2 oz. of Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
- Add all of the ingredients up to shaker.
- Add ice to shaker and shake.
- Add ice to High Ball glass.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- Garnish with the dashes of Angostura Bitters and Mint Sprig.
Side Note: How to make Mint Infused Demerara Syrup.
Equal parts Demerara Sugar and water, bring to boil and add fresh mint. Let it steep for 2 hours, strain mint. Enjoy!
This cocktail can best be described as a blend of seasonal flavors, where mint, caramel apple, and vanilla prevail. I would have to say this is a great Fall cocktail.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William.
•1 oz. Bulleit Bourbon.
•.5 oz. Batavia Arrack.
•.5 oz. Luxardo Amaretto.
•.5 oz. Aperol.
•.5 oz. Lime Juice.
•2-3 dash Angostura Bitters.
•1 oz. sparkling water.
•Garnished with Brandied Cherry.
•Fill cocktail glass with ice to chill and set aside.
•Add ingredients to shaker except the water.
•Then shake and empty ice from glass.
•Add sparkling to water to glass then strain the cocktail into the glass.
•Garnish with Brandied Cherry.
Megan Deschaine created this delicious Signature Cocktail from Mr. Rain’s Fun House. She has a wide assortment of cocktails and has already done a couple for us. She is very entertaining, so you should definitely stop in Mr. Rain’s Fun House to enjoy one of her cocktails and conversation.
- 2 oz. Black Sesame Infused Rum
- a couple pieces of orange.
- couple of dashes Angostura Bitters.
- 1/2 oz. of Agave Syrup.
- Add the orange slices to Old Fashioned Glass.
- Add the dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Add the 1/2 oz. of Agave Syrup.
- Add the 2 oz. of Black Sesame Infused Rum.
- Add ice and stir.
- Pour 750 ml of white rum in this case Flora De Cana over 10 grams of Black Sesame seeds after you have crushed them with a mortar and a pestle. Allow to steep for three days at rooms temperature.
- Add to your rum, don’t blame me for your hangover.
Now for that Agave Syrup: Just like any other syrup equal parts: I.E. 1/2 cup of HOT water is 1/2 cup of Agave. Do remember you want HOT water almost boiling. Now of course the taste of syrup (meaning the hint of Agave is personal), so you may want more Agave added than equal parts.
Again you may thank Julia Momose of The Willow in Baltimore, MD for this delicious cocktail.