- 1.5 oz. of Blackwell Jamaican Rum.
- .75 oz. of House made Cordial (Verde’s version Fernet)
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Using a shaker add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into Rocks Glass.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with Lime peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend to be toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is a casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This is Verde’s version of “Corn & Oil” it is a lighter version, by substituting Dark Rum for Black Strap Rum and adding a small amount of Lime Juice. This Signature Cocktail is a boozy, yet balanced, spicy and complex cocktail. Plus, one of those cocktails that can sneak up on you.
- 2 oz. Knob Creek Bourbon.
- 1 oz. Combier Pamplemousse Rose.
- 1 oz. House Made marjoram and ginger brown sugar symple syrup.
- Squeeze of lemon.
- Add the ingredients listed above in the order they are listed to shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into Goblet.
Describing it to customers: The combination of flavors gives this drink depth, with spice from the marjoram and ginger melding with the grapefruit notes of the pamplemousse, and the bit of lemon, all balanced by the potent bourbon taste. Good for winter, and an exciting drink with lots of character. Even non bourbon drinkers love this drink. Blue Grass Tavern is located in Federal Hill, which is a nice neighborhood that is walking distance from the inner harbor. Apparently this bar likes its Bourbon and Rye. When you first look in the middle of the bar, it is filled with different Bourbons and Rye. So if you are like me and like your bourbon, you will be in heaven. Don’t worry though if you are a gin or vodka person. There is plenty to choose from and they support the local ones as well.
•1.5 oz. Bulleit Rye.
•.75 oz. of Amaretto Di Saranno cookie – infused Amaretto Lazzaroni.
•.75 oz. of house made Kumquat Cordial.
•Splash of Lemon Juice.
•A dash of Cinnamon.
•Add the ingredients listed above to a shaker, minus the Cinnamon.
•Add ice to Old Fashioned glass and strain.
•Top with Cinnamon to your liking.
Side Note: To make Kumquat Cordial.
•Mince up several Kumquats and cook down with brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice (to taste) then combine with 100 proof vodka of your choice.
• Steep for several days to weeks and strain into container for use.
Jenna R. Kumm of Blue Grass Tavern created this great cocktail, and is bar manager at Blue Grass Tavern. The star of our video is Matt Talbot. Apparently this bar likes its Bourbon and Rye. When you first look in the middle of the bar, it is filled with different Bourbons and Rye. So if you are like me and like your bourbon, you will be in heaven. Don’t worry though if you are a gin or vodka person. There is plenty to choose from and they support the local ones as well. This Signature Cocktail is best described as a new take on the Whiskey Sour, with sweet and spicy baked notes. This is a great local bar with no bar food, really delicious food.
- 1 oz. of Cinnamon & Brown Sugar simple syrup.
- 2 dashes of Colonial Bitters.
- Chopped Apples – Muddled.
- Topped with 2 oz. Bourbon.
- Add chopped Apples to Old Fashioned Glass.
- Add Cinnamon & Brown Sugar simple syrup.
- Add the dashes of Colonial Bitters.Muddle ingredients and add ice.
- Then top with your Bourbon
Side Note: To make the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Simple Syrup. Take a litre of water boil with 3-5 cinnamon sticks. Then strain off after it comes to a boil. The water level will less after boiling and straining off. So add the equal amount of Brown sugar to the left over water.
Our lovely bartender who created this drink is Cristina Tommasello. She has other drinks on our site. If you would like to find them, just do a search for her and her drinks will come up.