- 1.5 oz. of Dimmi Liquore di Milano.
- .5 oz. of Opal Bianca Sambuca (of course if you can’t get Opal Bianca Sambuca, any Sambuca will do)
- .5 oz. of House Rhubarb Bitters, (for those who don’t feel like making bitters, Fee Brothers and Brooklyn Hemispherical Bitters carries Rhubarb Bitters)
- .5 oz. Fresh Tangerine Juice.
- .5 oz. of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Add all of the ingredients in the order listed above to a shaker.
- Add ice to shaker and stir.
- Strain into Cocktail Glass.
- Garnish with Orange Half – Moon.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore.During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
The Dimmi Liquore di Milano gives this Signature Cocktail a crisp and sweet taste. There are hints of Rhubarb with a strong anise component. You will find yourself having more than one.
- 1.5 oz. of Belle Meade Bourbon.
- .5 oz. Mata Hari Absinthe.
- Several dashes of Fee Brothers Orange Bitters.
- .25 0z. of Agave.
- Orange Twist.
- Add bourbon, absinthe and agave to shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into Rocks Glass.
- Add several dashes of orange bitters.
- Add the Orange twist and then run around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with Orange Twist.
Cliff Harris is our bartender in this video from Red Maple. Those of you who have been to our site before should recognize Cliff from Tapas Adela. So if you would like to see other cocktails he has done you may do so by doing a search for Cliff. Red Maple is located in the Mt. Vernon area of Baltimore it is known for its tapas plates with global influences.
Red Maple has received many accolades for its cuisine as well its ambiance. Red Maple offers many different environments for you to enjoy, the Fireside Lounge, Rainbow Room, Garden Terrace and the dance floor. Red Maple also offers Salsa dancing every Tuesday night from 9:30pm until close and Salsa dancing lessons(free) every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Ask for Martina Miller for more information about the Salsa evenings.
This cocktail has a smooth forward taste of honey, followed by a slight bite from the absinthe.
- 1.5 oz. Crusoe Organic Spiced Rum.
- .5 oz. of Aperol.
- .5 oz. of Cranberry-Orange Juice Puree.
- .5 oz. of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 2-3 dashes house Rhubarb Bitters (may be substituted with Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters)
- Add the ingredients listed above in the order they are listed to a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a Cocktail Glass.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
The “Sanguine Spice” is best described as a smooth and spicy cocktail, with hints of cloves and tart finish. A great cocktail for the New Years!
- 2 oz. Old Tom Gin (Ransom)
- 1 oz. of Sweet Vermouth (Carpano)
- 1 Dash of Orange Bitters (Gin Barrel Aged) Fee Brothers is a good brand
- Barspoon Luxardo Maraschino (barspoon is equivalent to a conventional teaspoon) so you do not need to run out and get a barspoon. However, it is a nice addition to your wetbar.
- Flavored Orange Twist.
- Add the 2 oz. of Old Tom Gin in a mixing glass.
- Add the 1 oz. of Sweet Vermouth to the mixing glass.
- Add the of Orange Bitters to the mixing glass.
- Add the Barspoon of Marschino.
- Add cup of ice to mixing glass then use barspoon to stir ingredients.
- Strain into Martini glass.
- Carefully!! use a match to release the oils of the Orange twist.
- Take Orange twist run around edge of glass and then add to drink.
Please do not burn off your eye brows.