- 1.5 oz. Ultra Smooth Diplomatico Rum.
- 1 oz. In house made simple syrup (Gran Marnier, orange, vanilla, & cinnamon).
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 1 oz. of Egg Whites.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Then add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with a fresh Lemon Twist.
Mezze is located in Fells Point. It is known for serving traditional Greek inspired Mediterranean Tapas. Mezze has developed quite a craft cocktail menu.
This cocktail is a Daiquiri based classic cocktail, very smooth flavors. In house simple syrup with Gran Marnie, orange peel, vanilla, & cinnamon, blended with the smooth Diplomatico Rum. This is an anytime cocktail.
- 1.25 oz. El Dorado 12 year old Rum.
- .75 oz. Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- .25 oz. of San Marzano Liqueur.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 3 Dashes of Orange Bitters.
- Add the ingredients to a shaker with ice in the order listed above.
- Shake ingredients vigorously.
- Double strain into a Martini Glass.
- Garnish with foam and grated nutmeg.
How to make the foam:
- Take the spring from a Hawthorne strainer, place it in a shaker.
- Add .5 oz. of egg whites. 1 large egg is 1 oz. (2 tablespoons). So you can either take out 1 tablespoon or buy a cartoon of egg whites.
- Add .75 oz. of Evolution Brewing Jacques All Lantern.
- .25 oz. of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- Shake really vigorously.
- Float over bar spoon.
- Garnish the foam with freshly grated nutmeg.
Birroteca is a pretty cool restaurant located in Clipper Mill. It has a unique location, an old industrial area of Baltimore called Clipper Mill. Birroteca is known for its Artisan Pizza and Italian Cuisine, it is worth the visit.
Nick who is in the video, uses the same creativity in his cocktails that he uses in ceramic arts. Nick has been in several videos already, so be sure try those as well. Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.
This Signature Cocktail is a perfect cocktail for the fall and Halloween Parties. The cocktail has a nice balance of bitterness and spice.
- 2 oz. of Papa’s Pilar Blonde.
- .75 oz. of Orgeat Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- .75 oz. of Passion Fruit Purée.
- .5 oz. Orange Juice.
- .5 oz. Pineapple Juice.
- Pineapple Wedge and edible Orchid Garnish.
- Place all ingredients in shaker.
- Shake and strain into Collins Glass.
- Garnish with edible Orchid and Pineapple Wedge.
How to make Orgeat Syrup:
- 250 grams of Toasted Almonds slices.
- 4 cups of water.
- 4 cups of sugar.
- 1 oz. of Orange Flower Water.
- 2 oz. of Cognac.
- 2 oz. of Amaretto Disaronno.
Orgeat Syrup Preparation:
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the Almonds and lower water temperature to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Strain Almonds and add sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the Orange Flower Water, Cognac and Amaretto.
- Stir and allow to cool.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William. This year William won Best Cocktail with this cocktail at Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis.
- 1.5 oz. of Blackwell Jamaican Rum.
- .75 oz. of House made Cordial (Verde’s version Fernet)
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Using a shaker add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into Rocks Glass.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with Lime peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend to be toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is a casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This is Verde’s version of “Corn & Oil” it is a lighter version, by substituting Dark Rum for Black Strap Rum and adding a small amount of Lime Juice. This Signature Cocktail is a boozy, yet balanced, spicy and complex cocktail. Plus, one of those cocktails that can sneak up on you.
- 2.5 oz. Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum.
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Orange Slice.
- Raw Sugar.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass, add the Raw Sugar, Orange Slice and Cherry.
- Muddle the above ingredients.
- Add the 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters and muddle again.
- Add the 2.5 oz. of Papa’s Milar Dark Rum and muddle.
- Take Orange slice out and pour into another Old Fashioned Glass filled with ice.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will enjoy their Scotch selection.
This Signature Cocktail would make Ernest Hemingway proud, considering the the Rum used was made in his honor. The taste of the rum with its hints of Bourbon, Cinnamon and Almonds blending with the muddled Orange Slice, Sugar, Cherry and bitters, gives this cocktail a smooth and mildly sweet taste. It is a dangerous cocktail, it is easily consumed.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Fortunately we have gotten her back from her hiatus in Fiji. So look for more of her videos.
- .5 oz. of Port.
- 1.5 oz. of Sailor Jerry’s Rum.
- .5 oz. of Monin Agave.
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- Top off with Pineapple Juice.
- Add ice to Highball Glass and set aside.
- Add ice to shaker.
- Add ingredients to shaker in order listed above and shake.
- Strain into Highball Glass.
- Garnish with Pineapple leaf and Pineapple slice.
Emily is in our video making this cocktail for Hard Rock Café. This cocktail will be one of the many cocktail’s at the Barocker Event: Baltimore’s Best Hard Rock Bartender on October 22nd at 7:00 pm. So stop by Hard Rock Café to watch this competition and try this and many of Hard Rock other Signature Cocktails.
•1.5 oz. of Pineapple Infused Malibu Rum.
•.5 oz. of Pineapple Whipped Vodka.
•.5 oz. of Coconut Milk.
•Set aside a cocktail glass filled with ice.
•Add the ingredients to cocktail shaker with ice in order listed above.
•Empty ice from cocktail glass.
•Strain into cocktail glass.
•Garnish with rum soaked Pineapple slice.
•WARNING: if you eat that Pineapple slice it has some kick!
Side Note: To make Pineapple Infused Rum.
•Cut up one Pineapple and add one 1.75 ml bottle of Malibu Original Rum.
•Let it sit for 3 days.
The Admiral’s Cup is located in Fells Point of Baltimore, MD. Stephanie Greenhalgh is our bartender in this video. Stephanie is working on some drinks now, so keep your eyes out for her name soon. Stephanie makes a pretty good drink and enjoys a good conversation. So be sure to make Admiral’s Cup one of your stops while in Baltimore and make sure you have Stephanie take care you.
“Playas” is a delicious drink in the Martini family that takes you to the Islands.