- 3 splashes of Scrappy’s Fire Water Bitters.
- 1.5 oz. of Barr Hill Gin.
- .5 oz. of Patron Citronage.
- 1 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 1 oz. of Honey Simple Syrup.
- Set aside a Martini Glass with ice in it to chill.
- Using a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Add the ingredients to the mixing glass as listed above.
- Using a bar spoon stir ingredients.
- Empty Martini Glass.
- Using a strainer pour ingredients into Martini glass.
Bar Liquorice, well what do I write that has already not been written. This place is a corner bar in Federal Hill, that does not feel like your corner bar. Everything about it is well done and the detail put into everything from the ambiance, cocktails and food lets you know every dollar spent is well spent. Shaun who serves the cocktails, also creates the cocktails and many of the ingredients used for his cocktails. Jeff Cahill the owner and chef takes great pride in the service, ambiance and food served. There is not one detail that is missed.
Their Signature Cocktail “Feel the Bern!” is similar to the cocktail “A Bees Knees” just with some kick from the Patron Citronage.
- 1.5 oz. Prairie Organic Vodka.
- 1 oz. of Thai Basil – Chili – Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- 1 oz. of Ginger Beer (Fever Tree).
- 1/8th oz. of Xilli Tequila.
- Top with Soda Water.
- Garnish with Lime Wedge.
- Using a Collins Glass add all of the ingredients in the order listed above except the Soda Water.
- Add ice to the cocktail.
- Top off with Soda Water.
- Garnish with Lime Wedge.
SideNote: How to make Thai Basil – Chili – Syrup.
- 3 to 4 Thai basil leaves, torn
3 Thai chilies, sliced.
- Add 1 cup of water and the sugar to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring often until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from heat and add the basil leaves and chilie. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and discard the basil and chilies.
This Signature Cocktail is created by Ian Clark of Fork and Wrench in Baltimore, MD. Ian has had several cocktails on our site. So be sure to look those up as well. Ian is very creative behind the bar, very knowledgeable about alcohol and his love of photography is demonstrated in how visually appealing his cocktails are.
This Signature Cocktail has a sweet and spicy taste from the blends of vodka, thai basil- chili – syrup, lime juice, ginger beer and the tequila. This Signature Cocktail is blended so well that you forget that you are drinking alcohol. However, the bite from the Chili Syrup, which is cooled off by the Lime Juice reminds you that you are having a cocktail. This Signature Cocktail is one of those cocktails that may be enjoyed anytime of the year.
- 1.5 oz. Dos Resposado.
- .5 oz. of Aperol.
- .5 oz. of Fresh Orange Juice.
- .25 oz. of Fresh Lime Juice.
- .25 oz. of Pickled Pepper Juice. (may be substituted with Habanero Bread & Butter Pickles)
- Dash of Bitter Truth Grapefruit Bitters.
- Dash of House Orange Bitters.
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker in the order listed above.
- Shake all of the ingredients and double strain.
- Serve straight up in a Cocktail glass.
- Garnish with flamed orange peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore.During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This cocktail has many ingredients and they are so well balanced that each one enhances the other. The pickeld pepper juiceand bitters have an interesting chemistry, at first the pepper juice leaves a little bite and then the taste of the bitters follows up. The taste of the bitters subdues the pepper juice. This cocktail is a very enjoyable cocktail, this is a cocktail for all seasons.
- .75 oz. of Vodka.
- .75 oz. of Tequila.
- .75 oz. of Mezcal.
- .5 oz. of Yellow Chartreuse.
- Basil leaves.
- 2 slices of Lime.
- Add ice to Coupe Glass and set aside to chill.
- Add two or three leaves of Basil to shaker.
- Add the .75 oz. of Vodka.
- The .75 oz. of Tequila.
- The .5 oz. of Chartreuse.
- The 1 oz. of Mezcal.
- Add the Limes.
- Then muddle to get all of the flavor out of the Basil.
- To add some sweetness add a teaspoon of honey.
- Shake first without ice. To prevent the honey from freezing.
- Then add ice and shake.
- Empty ice from glass and pour cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with some Basil.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will like their Scotch selection.
“The Shaman” even though there is many blends of alcohol in this cocktail, the alcohol is not overpowering. The blends of lime and basil muddled with the honey soften the taste of the alcohol. The cocktail has earthy and herbal flavors. It is a perfect cocktail for tequila lovers.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Unfortunately for us she is taking a hiatus from her bartending career. Maya is volunteering her time in the Fiji Islands to teach children. We wish her well!
•3-4 Serrano Slices.
•.5 oz. of Lime Juice,
•.5 oz. Agave Nectar.
•1.5 oz. Espolon Blanco Tequila.
•Top with Soda Water.
•Garnish with Lime Wheel.
•Using a Collins glass add the Serrano slices (without the seeds), Lime Juice, and Agave.
•Muddle the ingredients in the glass well to break up the Serrano’s.
•Add the Tequila.
•Add ice, then mix up the cocktail well.
•Top off with soda water.
This cocktail is perfect for your next cookout. It is refreshing and has just a little bite. The lime subdues the serrano. The first sip you get a subtle taste of the tequila and then cocktail becomes very smooth. A great cocktail on a hot day!
Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.
•2 oz. Strawberry and Bell Pepper infused Tequila.
•1 oz. Cointreau.
•1 oz. Lime Juice.
•.5 oz. Agave Syrup.
•2 muddled Strawberries and 1/2 muddled Bell Pepper.
•Muddle Strawberries and Bell Peppers.
•Then add all of the above ingredients to a shaker.
•Shake and strain onto ice in Old Fashioned Glass.
•Garnish with a Strawberry and Green Pepper.
Side Note: How to make Strawberry and Bell Pepper infused Tequila.
•.25 pound of Strawberries.
•2 Bell Peppers.
•1.5 litres of Tequila.
•Let it sit for 24 hours.
This cocktail is created by Tasha Brecht from Waterfront Kitchen. Tasha has done several cocktails for us now. Tasha is the head bartender at Waterfront Kitchen and you will find most of their cocktails are created by her. You will never get a bad cocktail from Tasha. So stop in Waterfront Kitchen and have Tasha make you one of her cocktails.
•.5 oz. of Jalapeno Tequila.
•.5 oz. of Aperol.
•.5 oz. of Yellow Chartreuse.
•.5 oz. Tarragon Simple Syrup.
•.5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
• 2 muddled Strawberries.
•Muddle the Strawberries using a muddler.
•Add ingredients in order listed above to a shaker.
•Strain and pour over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
•Express a lemon twist.
1) Simple Syrups – are really quite simple (pun intended)
•Equal parts sugar to water. 1 cup of hot (almost boiling) water to 1 cup of sugar.
To add flavor simply add desired spice, extract juice etc. in small portions until it reaches desired flavor.
For this recipe: 8 oz. of water; 8 oz. of sugar and 1 teaspoon of Tarragon.
2) Express means to release the oils from a fruit peel.
•To do this slice a small peel from desired fruit.
•Twist over the glass, peel side down to express the citrus oil onto the surface of the drink.
•Rub the peel around the rim of the glass to provide extra flavor.
Justin Carr of The Willow in Fells Point created “Segundo Dia”, Justin is a new addition to The Willow from Wit and Wisdom of Four Seasons. We shall see plenty of Justin in the future.
This Signature Cocktail is quite unique especially not being a tequila person. I really enjoyed this cocktail, I found that after each sip the fruit in the cocktail made their presence more noticeable. This really worked well with the Jalapeno Tequila. The amount of Jalapeno Tequila is just enough to give the cocktail a pleasant kick.