- 1. 5 oz. of Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin.
- .5 oz. of Fennel Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Fresh Lime Juice.
- 1. oz. of Fresh Watermelon Juice.
- .5 oz. of Yellow Chartreuse.
- Garnish with Lime Peel and Cantaloupe Wedge.
- Add ice to Coupe Glass and set aside to chill.
- Add ingredients to shaker in order listed above except Lime Peel and Cantaloupe.
- Empty ice from Coupe Glass.
- Shake ingredients and strain into Coupe Glass.
- Run Lime peel around glass rim, then add as garnish.
- Garnish glass with Cantaloupe wedge.
Fennel Syrup Preparation:
- 2 tablespoons of Fennel seeds, toast them briefly in oven. Then simmer in 4 cups of water for 20-25 minutes. Strain fennel seeds, add 4 cups of sugar. Stir the sugar until it dissolves.
Ouzo Bay is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course.
William Escalante is the head bartender at Ouzo Bay and obviously enjoys his trade by adding a little flair to his service. This is not the first time we have seen Will behind the bar, he has participated in a wonderful event for Cystic Fibrosis. Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis. This event has some of the finest bartenders in Baltimore, so you are pretty much guaranteed a great cocktail from William. This year William won “Judge’s Choice at the 2015 Rye’s Up Against Cystic Fibrosis”.
This Signature Cocktail has honeyed notes and herbal flavor. These flavors arrive from the blending of Uncle Val’s Gin, Yellow Chartreuse, fennel, lime and watermellon. This makes for a light and refreshing summer cocktail.